Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Name Game

Allen and I have been stressing for weeks over what we would name our daughter. Before we found out what we were having, we had decided on Jack David for a little boy and really had only tossed around some names for a girl. We REALLY didn't think we were having a girl. I made the mistake of asking people what they thought of names we were considering and of course everyone had an opinion. So, I had to stop the people pleasing and go with a name Allen and I both liked but believe me when I say we really were only able to agree on a name or two!! RIDIC! So the moment that I have been waiting for...we have decided our daughters name will be.... Ava Elaine Oakes!!!! Elaine is my middle name and my mom's middle name and Ava is well just a name that Allen and I thought was beautiful. So come January our little family unit will consist of Allen, Lauren, Ava and Harvey Oakes!!! (We are going with a "V" theme here, which also includes OliVia!) Oh, and also on a happy note we picked out her bedding two weekends ago at Once Upon a Time. I'll attach some pictures of the sample fabric they gave us. Once it arrives, I'll post the finished results.


This is the fabric the bumper will be made out of.


This is what the skirt will look like. Of course the skirt will be gathered so it won't look exactly like this but its going to be so beautiful! I can so picture our little Ava Laine (her nickname) wrapped up in a cozy little blanket inside the baby bed.

3 comments:

Confessions said...

Lauren- what a BEAUTIFUL name!! and such pretty fabric. I am so happy for y'all. There is so much to look forward to. What a gift! :)

The Hays' said...

Hey! I love the bedding it is so precious! Can't wait to see it once you get everything set up.

Anonymous said...

so pretty- we're always thinking of names for baby #2 and my mom will make gagging sounds at some of them!! hah-- I'm like ok well we can scratch that one off the list and Jason will say its not her decision but at the same time if someone says they hate it you dont want to name your child that!! Such hard decisions!!! Anyway, Ava is gorgeous and so timeless!! I cant wait to see the finished bedding!