Monday, December 8, 2008

Trying to get in the Christmas spirit...

I don't know what it is this year but I can't seem to get in the Christmas spirit. It seems like last year I was all excited about Christmas decorating and going shopping for Christmas presents and this year its just so so. I guess i was just excited because it was our first Christmas as a family as well as Liv's first Christmas. I'll get there soon! Any way!!! After a week of staring at my Christmas decorations on my dining room table, trying to get my creative juices flowing, I finally managed to get going with my living room mantle and then just went from there. The only creative art project that Lin and I did this year was painting some wooden initials, AOL & BSL. They turned out pretty cute! We painted them red and painted green dots on them then sprayed them with gold glitter spray. You can kind of see them in the picture of my mantle. They are right in the middle. Here are some pics..they are kind of blurry because I took them with my camera phone. I've also included a pic of Olivia from this weekend. She is in a phase right now where she loves sitting in front of the TV watching anything. And she will sit on or in ANYTHING! Even a reindeer plant holder!!!!! We had to take her rocking chair away from her because she was standing up in it!!!!















5 comments:

The C's said...

your decor is beautiful as always!!! miss you!

Meredith said...

great job lauren! everything is so pretty! merry christmas!

Kim said...

Aww I love it!! I want to come see in person! Hopefully soon!

Bendabl said...

If this is your idea of not being in the Christmas spirit decorating then gosh, i'd love to see you in the Christmas spirit missy! It looks fabulous!!! Y'all are always so creative!

Anonymous said...

where did you get your big ribbon on your tree and mantle? everything looks great!! you really should own your own party planning/decorating store!