Tuesday, December 15, 2009

She's Coming!!!!

As most of my friends know, I was put in the hospital last Monday for high blood pressure and protein in my urine. After 24 hour urine collection and blood pressure watch, Dr. Tammuci let me go home on STRICT bed rest until I at least got to 36 or 37 weeks. When I went back to the doctor last Friday, my blood pressure was way down and the protein in my urine had not increased. But I had dilated another centimeter to 3 centimeters. She told me to go home and rest and come back today for another check up. Well, today I get my blood pressure checked, 118/80, no protein in my urine and I had dilated ANOTHER centimeter to 4!!! I told the doctor I would DIE if I progressed so fast that I wouldn't have a chance to have my epidural when the time came. So she told me to get an ultrasound and we'll go from there. Ava looked good. She had gained a few ounces to 5lbs and 6 ounces and my fluids were on the border line of being okay. Allen and I were kind of bummed because we really wanted Ava to get her soon being that we have been planning for her to come before Christmas because that's what Dr. Tammuci told us in the hospital. Well, we got our wish! Dr. Tammuci wants to go ahead and induce me on Monday, December 21!!!! We are so excited that we will actually have little Ava in our arms sitting around the Christmas tree on Christmas morning this year! A true BLESSING and Christmas MIRACLE!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww so sweet!! i'm having big baby fever now and cannot wait to see pictures of her. And, thanks for your sweet thank you card. I heop you enjoy the blanket!

Megan McKenzie said...

YAY!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOO EXCITED for you!!!! I can not wait to see her beautiful face! Kisses for you and your new family!

xoxoxo
Megan

Domini Jones said...

Good Luck with everything! What a wonderful Christmas present!! Can't wait to see pictures! We will keep you and your family in our prayers for a healthy baby and mom!!

Confessions said...

what a gift! i am so excited for you!!