Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Welcome World....Miss Ava Elaine Oakes!

Ava Elaine Oakes arrived on Monday, December 21, 2009 just in time for Christmas! We arrived at the hospital at 6:30am to get ready for my induction. Once checking in and getting settled into my labor and delivery room the induction began around 8:00am. After getting my epidural around 9:30 I progressed very quickly to 10 centimeters at 11:30. Started pushing and did not stop for THREE HOURS! Those were the most exhausting three hours of my life! The definitely do not call it labor for nothing! Dr. Tammuci came in and checked on me around 2:00pm and decided it was time to have Miss Ava with the help of forceps. She had not progressed far enougg and just did not want to pass under my pelvic bone. At 2:15pm I had the most precious angel wrapped in my arms. She weighed 6lbs 1oz and was 19 inches long. She is just perfect!!!

I hope most of you got the slide show I sent out to all my friends that I have email addresses. If I didn't send it to you and you would like to see it, send me your address and I'll forward it to you. Just in case here are some of the pictures from one of the most spectacular days of our lives! I've also attached a picture of Olivia when she was born so you can see how crazy Ava and Olivia resemble each other when they were both born. The very last picture is a picture of Olivia when she was only a couple days old....RIDIC how much they look alike!!! Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!






















4 comments:

Domini Jones said...

Lindsey-congrats!! She is beautiful! I would love to see the slide show...my email address is djonesbhm@yahoo.com. Again congrats..what a great way to spend christmas and ring in the new year!

Bendabl said...

Great story! Love the pics! And good to know Dr. Tamucci handled it well, she's mine too! haha!

Megan McKenzie said...

Yay!!! Kisses for your sweet baby girl. You know I HAVE to see that slide show - meganmckenzie83@gmail.com.

Congrats!
Megan

Susan and Corey said...

I love these photos. You look like you never even gave birth!!