Thursday, August 14, 2008

FINALLY....FINISHED!

Accent painting

Accent paintings

Main Painting
So, I am finally finished with my paintings. When Kea visited us a couple weekends ago we discussed me not having any artwork or pictures in the house and how badly I needed that especially in the dining room and the living room. So, my mission was instead of buying two pieces of artwork for probably around $300, I would paint something that in the end only cost $60, which included paint, brushes, art canvas and stencil. I've had a lot fun painting each night after work and on the weekends too but I think Allen is really happy that I am out of the kitchen floor and not in his way anymore. Harvey is too.....not once but twice he walked on top of my paintings. It was kind of cute but not really! I haven't decided where I am actually going to hang the paintings. My first initial thought was to hang them in the dining room but now I am thinking my living room. I have a huge blank wall as soon as you walk in the front door that doesn't have a thing on it that might look good with these hanging on it. But I need someones opinion (besides Allen's) that can help me decide the best place to hang them. Mom??

4 comments:

The C's said...

OMG! LOVE IT! Looks so good. You are so talented. Please come to my house asap and bring supplies :). I def think these would look great on your big wall in the living room. Cant wait to come see everything! I am ready to get working on my house again. Love ya!

Confessions said...

So creative! Love it!

Thanks for the well wishes. It is good to hear from you. Maybe we'll see you over some Auburn football? Glad to see y'all are doing so well!! And by the way- what a GORGEOUS wedding dress! :)

The Harless Family said...

You are so talented! They look wonderful! They look PROFESSIONAL!

PS. I still cant figure out how to add you guys... I don't have that optionin my customize section!

Meredith said...

Lauren those look awesome!!! You did a great job:)